Sonpark Centre, Unit 9B, Cnr Piet Retief & Madiba Drives, Nelspruit
084 238 0007
The skin on our hands needs protection and intensive care. Frequent hand washing, UV radiation, environmental factors, housework and gardening as well as stresses at work (e.g., frequent disinfection) dry out our hands. That's why they need special and regular care.
The word "manicure" comes from the Latin manus, meaning "hand," and cura meaning "care". When we do a manicure at our beauty salon we therefore see it as a cosmetic beauty treatment for the fingernails and hands. A manicure can treat just your hands, just your nails, or both. A standard manicure usually includes filing and shaping of the nails and the application of polish. As part of a manicure, treatments for hands usually include soaking in a softening substance and application of hand lotion.
With us a manicure begins before you arive at our beauty salon. It actually begins with ensuring that the working area and tools are sanitized and conveniently located. This might include sanitizing the working surface, such as a table top, placing clean metal implements into a jar with sanitizing liquid, and having sanitized towels and such near the working area.
What you can expext when you use our beauty salon for your manicure:
1. The manicure starts with preparing your hands. Old nail polish or artificial nails are removed. Your hands are then cleaned with soap and hot water and rinsed with hot water.
2. During the next phase of a manicure, your fingernails are trimmed, filed to the desired length and shaped using a fingernail file. Metal nail files can be used for rapid removal of nail material, however, we prefer fine glass files or disposable two-
3. While working on your nails we use the proper filing techniques that starts with the file at the outer edge of your nails, moving towards the center. This is then repeated from the other side of the nail to the center.
4. The cuticles are then pushed back with a cuticle pusher. A cuticle pusher is simply a wooden stick with a flat end, sometimes wrapped in cotton.
5. In the next phase of the manicure, the fingernails are polished with a polishing board made of hard foam, paper, or plastic. A softer foam layer is added to each side, and fine polishing surfaces are placed on the foam.
6. To conclude the manicure, in most cases, we will apply at least one layer of either clear polish meant to strengthen weak nails or several layers of color polish and top coat.
7. A manicure is usually finished with a hand massage using hand lotion or oils.
When you need a little pampering, a manicure just nails it!
Our basic manicure
Our standard manicure (a 40 minute treatment) includes soaking of the hand and humankind exfoliation. It includes moisturizing cuticles, filing and shaping nails and . soaking and moisturising the hands. Finishing with nail polish and nurture oil with healing properties leaving your hands feeling hydrated. This is also a treatment for the hand that will enhance the health of your fingernails -
When the same treatment as above is applied to the feet, it is called a pedicure. A pedicure is a therapeutic treatment for your feet that removes dead skin, softens hard skin and shapes as well as treats your toenails. It is a relaxing treatment not only help keep feet looking pretty, but also keep nails trimmed, calluses controlled and skin moisturized. In addition, a foot massage helps to relieve tension and stimulate circulation.
Therapeutic treatment for your feet that starts with a spa soak. Thereafter a moisturizing exfoliation and a foot massage to relief tension and for relaxation. Applying nail polish for a final touch. 50 minute treatment .
Spoiling yourself with a foot treatment that includes a full Pedi Express ending with gel on toes .
60 minute treatment
This is a highly effective treatment to improve the appearance of your feet .An advanced peel based on a unique blend of AHA’s HumanKind Foot Peel is an effective foot peel, which works well to remove dead skin and to promote cell renewal.
Our advanced resurfacing treatment based on a unique blend of AHA’s . After applying to dry feet , we leave it wrapped for 15 minutes . We use a special tool to remove all dead skin cells leaving the skin extra soft . After neutralizing we apply Humankind moisturizing foot balm. 40 minute treatment.
Paraffin wax treatment acts as a type of thermotherapy, or heat therapy, that helps treat conditions by increasing blood flow, relaxing muscles and reducing stiffness in joints. The warm paraffin also moisturizes for healthier looking, softer skin. During the treatment a deep hydrating cream is applied and thereafter your hands / feet will be dipped in wax under controlled temperatures. The treatment lasts about 20 minutes.